During the week of August 27th, I’m asking you to share your story about following Jesus through tough decisions or hard times in a synchroblog. Here are the details:
The Big Picture of This Synchoblog
Following Jesus brings sacrifice, uncertainty, risk, and sometimes hazardous situations. Most of us can come to terms with the cost of discipleship in theory, but what does living out costly discipleship look like in real life? How do we determine whether or not God is guiding us? When do we step out in faith and take risks? When should we play it safe?
My new co-authored book is about answering those questions: Hazardous: Committing to the Cost of Following Jesus. If you’ve committed to Jesus as your Savior it’s often hard to figure out what it means for him to be your Lord in your daily decisions. In fact, living out costly discipleship can look quite different from person to person. There’s no blueprint for following Jesus, and that’s why I’m organizing this synchroblog where we all share our stories.
The Details of This Synchroblog
During the week of August 27-September 1, write a post for your blog:
- Write a blog post sharing a personal story about a challenge you faced as a follower of Jesus. (You could also add: “I’m sharing My Hazardous Faith Story as part of a synchroblog connected with the release of Ed Cyzewski and Derek Cooper’s new book Hazardous: Committing to the Cost of Following Jesus.”).
- At the bottom of your post, link to the synchroblog landing page: http://wp.me/PewoB-SN so that others can share their own Hazardous Faith Stories (Hey, you can just copy and paste these bullet points!)
- Add your post to the link up section at the bottom of the My Hazardous Faith Story landing page on Monday-Saturday. Don’t forget to read and comment on at least one other post!
- Tweet your post with the #HazardousFaith tag.
- Include this image with your post: 400 pixels or 250 pixels width.
That’s it! Let’s encourage one another to follow Jesus through the rough, uncertain, and even hazardous times of life by sharing our stories. I pray that this will be an uplifting week of story telling!
Thanks for joining in!
Ed Cyzewski and Derek Cooper
Interested in reading Hazardous?
Share Your Blog Post Link Below
A Few Bonus Entries…